Thank you for your interest in communicating with Best & Flanagan LLP through one of its lawyers or paralegals.

By sending the email (and any information contained therein), you understand and agree that no attorney-client relationship is created or exists between us.

If you are not already a client, please do not provide us with any information relating to your legal matter(s) without first speaking to one of our lawyers, as any information provided before we confirm that we are willing and able to consult with you about becoming a client, may not be privileged, confidential, or protected information, and could be used against you if we represent a party adverse to you.

In Minnesota, there are laws that apply to a parent who desires to relocate with a minor a meaningful distance away from the other parent. Best & Flanagan’s Family Law team strives to ensure a smooth transition in the event one party needs to relocate a significant distance from the other with their minor children.

Child custody agreements are binding legal documents by which both parents must abide. However, needs change and relocation can be a critical factor in maintaining a fruitful family unit. Our attorneys work with clients to review their existing custody arrangement, as well as to negotiate a modification to that agreement with the former spouse. Our team knows first-hand that there is no one-size-fits-all solution.

We work closely with our clients to evaluate what steps should be taken in order to facilitate or negate relocation. This includes an examination of each parent’s motivation, as well as the development of solutions that promote the best interests of the children. We seek amicable resolution through collaborative negotiation and mediation, where both parents experience increased flexibility and more control over the outcome. In the event a cooperative result cannot be achieved, we are prepared to advocate our client’s rights in court.

If a child is taken away illegally, our lawyers take immediate recovery action. We are also involved in filing additional claims for contempt of court orders and for the modification of child custody.

Related Practices
Firm News
    Related Professionals
    P 612.349.5698
    P 612.349.5673