One of Best & Flanagan’s core competencies is the representation of emerging growth companies and start-up ventures. We advise on the full range of challenges confronting a new business. This advice can range from entity formation to liquidity events, and everything in between, and includes:
- Business structure to ensure minimized tax burden
- Trademark searches and registration
- Public and private equity and debt financing
- Crowd funding
- Strategic partnerships
- Joint venture agreements
- Licensing and distribution agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions
- Labor and employment agreements and counseling
- Executive compensation
- Dispute mitigation and resolution
- Corporate governance
We offer clients the experience and practical approach to the law required to successfully create, finance and grow new companies. Our commitment and attention extends beyond the traditional lawyer/client relationship and into one of outside general counsel and trusted advisor.
Our long relationships forged over decades of practice enable us to provide additional benefits to our clients, particularly in the area of financing. We make introductions to funding sources, as well as negotiate and document the terms of the investment. We are creative problem solvers, and work with our clients to identify and leverage alternative sources of financing when needed.