Thank you for your interest in communicating with Best & Flanagan LLP through one of its lawyers or paralegals.

By sending the email (and any information contained therein), you understand and agree that no attorney-client relationship is created or exists between us.

If you are not already a client, please do not provide us with any information relating to your legal matter(s) without first speaking to one of our lawyers, as any information provided before we confirm that we are willing and able to consult with you about becoming a client, may not be privileged, confidential, or protected information, and could be used against you if we represent a party adverse to you.

The Family Law attorneys at Best & Flanagan work with clients to understand the differences between a Decree of Legal Separation and a Decree of Dissolution of Marriage, as well as assist in determining which course of action best meets their needs. Under Minnesota law, a legal separation is a determination by the court of the rights and responsibilities of husbands and wives that arise out of the martial relationship. A Decree of Legal Separation does not terminate the marriage between the parties, but will divide family assets and debts and may resolve issues relating to custody, parenting time, child support and spousal maintenance. If either the husband or wife later decides to end the marriage, he or she would then need to file for divorce.

In order to obtain a legal separation, a formal petition must be filed with the court and approved by a judge. Our attorneys are well versed in creating and filing legal separation agreements, as well as in obtaining the requisite court approval.

Related Practices
Firm News
    Related Professionals
    P 612.349.5679
    P 612.349.5698