Attracting, retaining and motivating employees is often paramount to the success of a business. Dynamic executive compensation arrangements and thoughtful benefit programs can play a critical role in incentivizing talent to join and remain at an organization. Best & Flanagan advises a wide variety of for-profit, nonprofit, public, and individual clients on all aspects of executive compensation and employee benefits law, including:
- Executive employment and compensation agreements
- Qualified retirement plan design, drafting and administration
- Nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Annual and long-term incentive plans
- Stock option, restricted stock, phantom stock and other stock-based plans
- Health, life, disability, flex and other welfare plans
- IRS and DOL audits and correction programs
- Defending benefit and fiduciary duty claims
- Investment and management of plan assets
We advise plan sponsors, trustees and administrators on compliance with the laws that impact their plans, including ERISA, COBRA, the Affordable Care Act, and the Internal Revenue Code. We also represent clients on plan matters before the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor.
In addition, our attorneys provide legal representation to a broad range of public pension plans. The scope of services we offer recognizes the unique nature of these plans and the laws and regulations to which they are subject.