Best & Flanagan's culture is rooted in our steadfast commitments to
- Practice with character and integrity
- Build close, long-term relationships with our clients
- Hire, retain and advance a diverse and highly talented, engaging group of attorneys
- Encourage and reward self-determination and entrepreneurship
- Work with a spirit of collaboration, providing an environment that encourages balance and congeniality and (dare we say?) at least a little bit of fun
- Encourage firm leadership and involvement by all attorneys
- Maintain transparency as to firm matters with partners and associates alike
Our commitment to diversity is at the heart of our values, and we continue to build and advance a diverse team of attorneys and staff that reflects the communities in which we live and practice. We believe that diversity of experience and background makes us stronger, more nimble and more effective as attorneys, and that our diversity helps us create meaningful connections with our clients, our community, and the agencies and courts before whom we appear.
We recognize that we have to be purposeful to achieve real and lasting diversity. To that end, the firm's Executive Committee and Diversity Committee are engaged in regular efforts to advance women attorneys, attorneys of color and attorneys from other traditionally underrepresented groups into partnership and leadership positions in the firm. To ensure that we maintain a pipeline of highly qualified and diverse attorneys, the firm offers part-time, schoolyear clerkships for non-traditional, minority and women law students. More information about the School Year Law Clerk Program is available on the Associates page.