Best & Flanagan’s Insurance team consistently delivers results in influencing insurance companies to change their position once coverage is denied. Our lawyers, some of whom have worked in the insurance industry prior to joining the firm, understand both the law and how insurance companies and the industry as a whole function. We are known for providing highly developed negotiation skills, and the power of our persuasion often results in coverage denial reversal, litigation avoidance and early on settlement should a claim ensue.
Whether our client is a small business facing a coverage question for the first time or a large insurance institution dealing with a difficult regulator, our team has both the requisite experience and practical know how to navigate beyond seemingly divergent positions. Drawing on the depth and breadth that comes from many years of practice, we are able to address the broad spectrum of insurance related issues, including:
- Advising corporate and individual clients on a variety of coverage questions and insurance claims
- Handling coverage and claims insurance related litigation, arbitration and mediation from start to finish
- Defending claims against title insurance company insureds and handling title insurance coverage disputes
- Helping insurance company clients handle the contractual, regulatory and compliance issues that arise in the regular course of business
- Representing insurance companies and investors in a variety of complex stock and asset transactions
In the event that the only way to advocate our client’s rights is to proceed to trial, the firm’s Insurance litigators are adept at handling large, complex liability and first-party coverage suits. We are also equally effective in managing more routine coverage matters, declaratory judgment litigation and bad faith claims.