Kyle R. Hardwick
Thank you for adding my contact information. It's a great way for us to keep in touch.
What excites and energizes me about practicing law at Best & Flanagan is having the opportunity to roll up my sleeves, dig in to the case or negotiation, work with talented and thoughtful attorneys, and provide results that clients deserve.
Kyle Hardwick is a construction and energy law attorney. He drafts and negotiates construction, design, supply chain and procurement contracts for owners, developers, general contractors and subcontractors. Kyle regularly drafts and negotiates construction and procurement contracts for nuclear power plants. Kyle also has extensive experience advising clients on public procurement and public bidding issues. Kyle also litigates construction, real estate, and commercial cases in state and federal courts. Kyle has summary judgment, jury trial, and appellate experience, and has successfully handled numerous arbitrations and mediations.
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Drafted and negotiated 10-year, $430 million Master Services Agreement on behalf of regulated public utility.
- Drafted and negotiated 10-year, $400 million Master Maintenance and Construction Agreement on behalf of regulated public utility.
- Drafted and negotiated 8-year, $50 million fuel contract on behalf of regulated public utility.
- Drafted and negotiated hundreds of construction, procurement, and supply chain contracts totaling over $50 million on behalf of regulated public utility.
- Lead attorney defending $1.5 million mechanic’s lien and contract delay claim on behalf of regulated public utility.
- Lead associate on multi-million dollar litigation arising out of the design, engineering, and construction of a Minnesota solar farm.
- Drafted and negotiated numerous contracts for solar facilities throughout the country, including California, Texas and Virginia.
- Advised clients regarding potential claims on Texas solar farm.
- Wind Farms
- Drafted and negotiated multiple EPC contracts for wind farms in Texas.
- Has also assisted clients with preparing and filing mechanic’s liens on wind farms in Texas and North Dakota.
Food and Agricultural Facilities
- Food processing plant: Represented agricultural companies in constructing food processing plants in Colorado and New York.
- Food equipment manufacturing: Lead attorney in breach of contract and professional negligence lawsuit arising from grain ship-loading facility in Louisiana.
Industrial, Manufacturing and Automation
- Logistics and automation: Represented Fortune 50 global transportation and logistics company in connection with hundreds of construction, design and procurement projects throughout the U.S., Asia and Europe.
- Manufacturing: Performed construction contract and insurance related due diligence for manufacturing client’s sale of subsidiary.
Health Care Facilities
Nonprofit and Arts Organizations
Construction and Real Estate Litigation Experience
- Lead attorney in American Arbitration Association proceeding obtaining full recovery for general contractor on breach of contract and project delay claims.
- Lead attorney representing real estate developer in escrow funds lawsuit, resulting in monetary recovery.
- Lead associate on $10 million commercial lease lawsuit representing Fortune 500 sportsware and footwear retailer.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Represented national retailer in multimillion-dollar breach of contract claim against former software vendor.
- Represented national retailer in multimillion-dollar breach of contract claim against former asset disposition vendor.
Before Best & Flanagan
Kyle played NCAA Division I hockey at Bemidji State University from 2006-2010. During his time at Bemidji State, Kyle played in two national tournaments, including the 2009 Frozen Four in Washington, D.C. Kyle was elected team captain by his teammates during his senior year.
University of Minnesota Law School, 2013, J.D., Business Law Concentration, magna cum laude
Bemidji State University, 2010, B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- University of Minnesota Law School, Adjunct Professor - National Moot Court
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2018-2019
In my free time you will find my wife and me golfing, walking our yellow lab Harvey around the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes, or gathering with friends at a Twin Cities restaurant or brewery.
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, Best & Flanagan has implemented a remote work plan beginning Monday, March 16. We hope we will be able to re-open our physical office and resume normal operations by Monday, March 30. We are committed to putting our clients first as we face this unprecedented challenge and uncertainty. To learn more about our remote work plan, please read our latest update.