Edward "Ted" P. Sheu
Thank you for adding my contact information. It's a great way for us to keep in touch.
As part of Best & Flanagan’s litigation team, Ted brings responsiveness and dedication to each client’s needs.
Ted Sheu is a litigator and partner with Best & Flanagan. He is experienced in a broad range of complex commercial, intellectual property, real estate, and securities matters. Ted has represented the interests of businesses, individuals, municipalities, and tribal governments. His national practice includes representing plaintiffs, defendants, and other participants in state and federal courts, appeals, arbitrations, and other tribunals. Ted provides clients with efficient and practical results through thoughtful analysis and hard work.
- Represented borrower in securing right to redeem from foreclosed commercial property. See U.S. Bank, Nat’l Ass’n, et al. v. RBP Realty, LLC, 888 N.W.2d 699 (Minn. Ct. App. 2016).
- Represents business and property owners sued under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Minnesota Human Rights Act in so-called “Drive-By ADA Lawsuits.” See Disability Support Alliance, et al. v. Geller Family Ltd. P’Ship III, 160 F. Supp. 3d 1133 (D. Minn. 2016) (securing early dismissal of ADA lawsuit)
- Represents plaintiffs, defendants, and others in intellectual-property disputes. See, e.g., Ferman, et al. v. Jenlis, Inc., et al., 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 177860 (S.D. Iowa Aug. 18, 2016) (securing early dismissal of copyright-infringement claim); Guava LLC v. Merkel, Minnesota Court of Appeals, 2014-2015 (affirming sanctions against copyright trolls based on collusive lawsuit aimed at non-party discovery and amendment of judgment to pierce the corporate veil).
- Represented tenant-in-common owners seeking remedies for unlawful practices. See Midgard Mgmt., Inc. v. Park Centre Med-Suites, LLC, 114 So. 3d 302 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013) (reversing eviction ruling on behalf of TIC owners); Swenson v. Bushman, 870 F. Supp.2d 1049 (D. Idaho 2012) (confirming fraud and breach of contract award on behalf of TIC owners against DBSI principals).
- Represented title company in mortgage-priority dispute. See The Business Bank v. Hanson, 769 N.W. 2d 285 (Minn. 2009) (reversing mortgage priority ruling).
University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law, 2001, J.D.
University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1996, B.A., History, French
State of Idaho
State of Minnesota
State of South Dakota
State of Wisconsin
Lower Sioux Indian Community
Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court for the District of Idaho
United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Great St. Paul BOMA and BOMA Greater Minneapolis
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Mentor, Federal Bar Association (2017 to present)
- Volunteer Lawyers Network (2008-present, volunteer; 2010, member of board of directors)
- St. Paul District 10 Community Council (2008-2009, vice-chair; 2013, by-laws committee)
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity (2002, construction volunteer)
- Meals on Wheels, St. Paul, MN (2001-2002, delivery volunteer)
- Everybody Wins Reading Program, Benjamin Mays Elementary School, St. Paul, MN (2001-2002, reading buddy)
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Domestic Violence Clinic, Santa Monica, CA (2000-2001, intake volunteer)
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, Best & Flanagan has implemented a remote work plan. We hope we will be able to re-open our physical office and safely resume normal operations as soon as possible. We are committed to putting our clients first as we face this unprecedented challenge and uncertainty. To learn more about our remote work plan, please read our latest update.