David J. Krco
Thank you for adding my contact information. It's a great way for us to keep in touch.
There’s always a solution.
David Krco has a broad practice assisting a diverse range of clients in complex litigation matters and in finding solutions to avoid litigation. David’s practice focuses on real estate, real estate development, construction, land use, leasing, insurance, and title matters. His clients include individuals, real estate developers, builders, lenders, investors, insurers and their insureds, title companies, and businesses of all sizes. David has extensive experience handling litigation and resolving disputes on wide ranging issues from boundary and easement disputes, to lakeshore matters, to multimillion dollar real estate development and construction disputes, to frauds and lease disputes, to mechanic’s liens, Native American land issues, and just about everything else in between. In addition, David also represents clients in disputes relating to agricultural products, sales, and services.
David pursues claims when needed and defends clients when faced with claims asserted by others. He excels in complex and high stakes disputes and litigation, and clients rely on his skill and sound judgment to guide them to solutions that meet their goals and objectives. David is a skilled and adept problem solver and litigator with extensive experience as lead counsel in all phases of litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts. David is a frequent speaker on various real estate and litigation related topics.
- Bank of New York Mellon v. Westrom, 2017 WL 74304 (Minn. Ct. App. Jan. 9, 2017), review denied (Minn. Apr. 18, 2017)
- Wolfchild v. Redwood County, 824 F.3d 761 (8th Cir. 2016), cert. denied, 137 S. Ct. 447 (U.S. Nov. 7, 2016)
- Prime Security Bank v. A&G Investments, Inc., 2015 WL 2185093 (Minn. Ct. App. May 11, 2015), review denied (Minn. Aug. 11, 2015)
- Wildung v. Bank of New York Mellon, 2014 WL 1758305 (Minn. Ct. App. May 5, 2014)
- Big Lake Lumber, Inc. v. 21st Century Bank, 836 N.W.2d 359 (Minn. 2013) [attorney for amicus curiae]
- Mattson Ridge, LLC v. Clear Rock Title, LLP, 824 N.W.2d 622 (Minn. 2012) [attorney for amici curiae]
- S. R. Weidema v. Sienna Corp., 2011 WL 2201084 (Minn. Ct. App. June 6, 2011), review denied (Minn. Aug. 24, 2011)
- Riverview Muir Doran, LLC v. JADT Dev. Group, LLC, 790 N.W.2d 167 (Minn. 2010) [attorney for amicus curiae]
- Premier Bank v. Becker Dev., LLC, 785 N.W.2d 753 (Minn. 2010) [attorney for amicus curiae]
William Mitchell College of Law, 2008, J.D.
- Dean’s List
- William Mitchell Law Review (Assistant Editor)
- Winner of Law Review writing competition, winning article published in the Law Review:
- Narrowing the Window: Refining the Personal Duty Requirement for Coemployee Liability Under Minnesota’s Workers’ Compensation System – Stringer v. Minnesota Vikings Football Club, LLC, 33 Wm. Mitchell L. Rev. 739 (2007)
University of Wisconsin - Madison, 2005, B.A., History, with honors and distinction
State of Minnesota
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
- Minnesota Land Title Association
- St. Paul Jewish Federation
- Minnesota JCC
- Twin Cities Cardozo Society
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas
- Harry Kay Leadership Institute
- Midtown Greenway Coalition
- Mentor to numerous law students
- Recipient of Twin Cities Cardozo Society Arthur T. Pfefer Memorial Award
I am a traveler and wanderer, having explored dozens of countries. I love photography, especially street photography. I read extensively, with my subject of choice being very modern history (1900 - present). I’m an avid golfer always ready for a match.