Bradley F. Williams
Thank you for adding my contact information. It's a great way for us to keep in touch.
Practical, strategic thinker and trusted advisor who understands his clients’ businesses and perspectives.
Brad Williams uses his legal and business knowledge to represent clients in a wide range of transactional, litigation and other matters. These matters have involved real estate, financings, mergers, receivership, foreclosure, bankruptcy, tenant-in-common (TIC) disputes, commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), fraud, arbitration and mediation.
Brad’s extensive experience includes: representation of individuals, as well as regional and major national clients, in large and small transactions, including financing, purchases/sales, developments and mergers; representation of creditors/investors in bankruptcies; commercial litigation, including real estate and employment/shareholder matters, workouts and restructurings. From this experience, Brad has become a nationally known attorney who has been quoted in news publications including the Wall Street Journal.
Brad is known for being a strategic thinker and trusted advisor, who understands his clients’ businesses. This knowledge enables him to speak to business issues, and negotiate deals more effectively. Brad also draws on his transactional experience to provide keen insights and unique strategies in litigation that would otherwise elude typical litigation attorneys.
- Representation of national lenders and investors in multiple purchases and sales of commercial real estate and loans (including mezzanine) in transactions ranging up to several hundred million dollars
- Representation of an international manufacturer in its $100,000,000+ revolving credit facility financing
- Represented a major national lender in a $208,500,000 financing of an office/retail building in Boston
- Counsel to a national mortgage banking company in an acquistion and merger valued over $60 million
- Represented a REIT in the $61,500,000 acquisition of a multi-site industrial-warehouse complex
- Represented a conduit lender in a $389,000,000 portfolio financing involving properties in 14 states
- Represented a lender in a $200 million term credit loan to a public pension fund
- Developed form documents and program requirements for clients
- Local Counsel in numerous transactions, including a national fitness club
Litigation and Bankruptcy Experience:
- Workouts, loan modifications, forbearance agreements and deed-in-lieu of foreclosure agreements
- Contested receiverships and judicial and non-judicial foreclosures
- Counsel to an officer/shareholder of a multi-billion dollar company in employment/shareholder litigation
- Represented shareholders of a broker-dealer with billions of assets under management in a shareholder derivative action and bankruptcy
- U.S. Bank, Nat’l Ass’n, et al. v. RBP Realty, LLC, 888 N.W.2d 699 (Minn. Ct. App. 2016) (borrower’s right to redeem from foreclosure by advertisement unimpaired by purported redemption waiver)
- Swenson v. Bushman, 870 F. Supp.2d 1049 (D. Idaho 2012) (confirming fraud and breach of contract award on behalf of TIC owners against DBSI principals), appeals dismissed (9th Cir. 2014)
- In re: DBSI, Inc., et al., Case No. 08-12687 (Bankr. Del. 2008) (counsel for hundreds of creditors in DBSI Inc. bankruptcy, one of the most complex bankruptcies filed in the District of Delaware)
University of Iowa College of Law, 1993, J.D., with distinction
University of Northern Iowa, 1991, B.A., Marketing, Economics, with highest honors
State of Minnesota
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- American Bar Association (Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections and Construction Lending, Mortgage Lending, Real Estate Financing, and Workouts, Foreclosures and Bankruptcies Committees; ABA Advisory Panel)
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Real Property and Business Law Sections, Revised UCC Article 9 Committee
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Habitat for Humanity, Dallas, TX (1995, volunteer)
- Rebuild Resources, Inc., St. Paul, MN (1998-1999, pro bono counsel)
- Penumbra Theater, St. Paul, MN (1998-2000, pro bono counsel)
- Meals on Wheels, St. Paul, MN (1998-present, delivery volunteer)
- Aeon, Minneapolis, MN (2007-2012, cornerstone member)
- LegalCORPS, Minneapolis, MN (2009-present, volunteer)
- Presidential Scholar – University of Northern Iowa, 1987
- American Jurisprudence Award, Contracts I, 1991
- Certificate of Achievement - Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, U.S. Army Combined Arms Command, 1992
- “Rising Star” - Minnesota Law & Politics in 2001, 2006, 2007 and 2008