It is so rewarding to practice in the field of public finance because I can see the results with my own eyes.
Andy is a partner with Best & Flanagan in the Real Estate and Municipal Law practice groups, with a special emphasis in public finance and economic development. With more than 14 years in practice, Andy has developed exceptional acumen for guiding local government clients in Minnesota and Wisconsin through complex economic development projects, financing transactions, and land use planning matters.
Andy fulfills a variety of municipalities' transactional needs, including:
- Tax increment financing (TIF)
- General obligation bonds
- Conduit revenue bonds
- Tax abatement
- Special legislation drafting
- Economic Development Authorities/Housing and Redevelopment Authorities
For all of his municipal, commercial and banking clients, Andy provides general counsel and completes transactions in the following real estate and business areas:
- Purchase agreements
- Title review & opinions
- Loan documentation
- Business contracts
- Boundary disputes
Before Best & Flanagan
Andy's strong communication and problem-solving skills were evident even before he began law school. A native of Northfield, Minnesota, Andy earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Denver, graduating magna cum laude. Upon graduation, Andy was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's oldest and most distinguished academic honor society. In a precursor to his professional career, Andy then covered local government affairs for a weekly newspaper in the Twin Cities. He earned his Juris Doctor, also magna cum laude, from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2004. During law school, Andy was on the Minnesota Law Review and published a student comment on federal campaign finance laws. After graduating, Andy clerked for the Minnesota Court of Appeals under the Honorable G. Barry Anderson and the Honorable Christopher Dietzen.
Andy built his practice doing real estate, municipal finance and other municipal work with Eckberg Lammers, P.C.
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
Minnesota Law Review Honoree
University of Denver, Denver, CO, B.A., magna cum laude
State of Minnesota
State of Wisconsin
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member, General Law & Practice Committee
- Economic Development Association of Minnesota (EDAM), Member
- Minnesota Institute of Public Finance, Board Member
- Sensible Land Use Coalition, Member
- League of Minnesota Cities, Development Finance Task Force
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Roseville Area Youth Baseball, Volunteer Baseball Coach
- Cub Scout Pack 10, St. Paul, Committee Member
- MSBA Certified Real Property Law Specialist
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016-2018
Andy lives in Falcon Heights with his wife and two young sons. When he's not serving clients or helping his wife run their busy household, you can find Andy in the "cheap seats" at Target Field cheering on his beloved Minnesota Twins.