Call >> Email >>
Daniel A. Kaplan is a results focused business and real estate attorney. Representative transactions include representing start-up entities and mature businesses in contract negotiations and acquisitions, advising business owners on governance issues and assisting clients with commercial real estate transactions. Daniel has developed significant expertise in commercial leasing, representing landlords and tenants in retail, office and industrial leases throughout the United States. Daniel’s priority is to provide practical advice and prompt service to help his clients achieve their goals.
Daniel also provides mediation services, helping parties build upon their common interests and manage their conflicts through mutually acceptable alternatives.
Real Estate Experience:
- Counsel to Buyer in acquisition of 42 acre office park in Edina, Minnesota including 15 buildings and 728,000 square feet of leasable space
- Counsel to Buyer in acquisition of 25 acre property in St. Louis Park, Minnesota including a building with 300,000 square feet of leasable space
- Counsel to Seller in sale of 55 acre corporate campus, including a multi-tenant office building with 346,000 square feet of leasable space
- Counsel to Seller of 38,000 square foot building in New Hope, Minnesota
- Counsel to owners of senior living facilities in transactions involving sales of real estate and facilities and refinancing transactions.
- Counsel to national golf retailer in big box leasing transactions in 30 states (over 75 leasing transactions)
- Local counsel to national fitness center in leasing transactions for space ranging between 45,000-65,000 square feet
- Counsel to restaurants and retailers in retail leasing transactions
- Counsel to law firms, accounting firms, and office tenants in office leasing transactions
- Counsel to commercial landlords in office, industrial, and warehouse leasing transactions
- Corporate counsel to businesses in a variety of industries including restaurants, professional service firms, medical practices, senior living facilities, technology service providers, and retail service providers, including start ups and mature businesses
- Counsel to Buyers of businesses in a variety of industries including franchises, liquor stores, restaurants, professional service firms, and retail service providers
- Counsel to Sellers of businesses in a variety of industries including technology firms, professional services firms, liquor stores, restaurants, and technology firms